Climate Finance Secretariat Lead
New York, NY
Posted Dec 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 98553
The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy. Our members currently include over 450 financial firms responsible for assets in excess of $130 trillion across 45 countries. Members must use science-based guidelines to gain net-zero emissions, cover all emission scopes, include 2030 interim targets and commit to visible reporting and accounting.
Working with our partners who supervise the United Nations Race to Zero Campaign, we’re passionate about broadening, deepening and raising net-zero ambitions across the financial system and demonstrating firms’ collective commitments to supporting companies and countries to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement. Learn more about GFANZ at www.gfanzero.com.
GFANZ’s leadership team comprises Mark Carney, Nigel Topping, Michael Bloomberg, and Mary Schapiro. Bloomberg will be supporting the GFANZ Secretariat moving forward. We are looking to fill a Secretariat Lead role as part of this support.
We are looking for a Climate Finance Secretariat Lead to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing on critical research, briefing, operational, and program facilitation efforts that support the growth and success of the GFANZ secretariat.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with leaders across the Secretariat to keep the team on task by tracking relevant activities, goals, deadlines, and milestones, and help reallocate staff and resources as necessary to meet the needs of the team
- Perform and coordinate analysis on GFANZ-relevant climate policy positions, including member financing activities and member climate-related commitments
- Support the Secretariat and workstream leads in completing any operational needs of the central team and workstreams (e.g., integrating Legal team, drafting process documents, etc.)
- Develop briefing materials for principal engagements including high-level bilateral meetings, roundtable discussions, and more
- Develop stand-alone research documents used for external meetings by drafting material and aggregating material from relevant authorities
- Complete any other form of in-depth research including by developing research memos and secondary research summaries
- Ensure timely and high-quality preparation of pre-read and presentation materials for GFANZ’s coordinating bodies: the CEO Principals Group, the Steering Group, and the Advisory Panel
- Write concept notes and other event briefing details for GFANZ events or events where GFANZ is present; collaborate closely with all relevant internal and external parties on content development, including Bloomberg’s internal events team.
- Coordinate GFANZ marketing efforts including drafting content and copy for webpages and ensuring website is kept up to date with latest figures and relevant documents
You’ll need to have:
- 5-10 years experience relevant work with a focus on climate finance and climate related financial risk and an understanding of leading financial sector disclosure and net zero frameworks
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with proven experience with both long form research documents, in addition to short technical memos
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- Excellent organizational abilities and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- The ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities
- Strong critical thinker
- Proactive problem solver
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.