Cloud Engineer - Enterprise Public Clouds
New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 101838
The Enterprise Clouds Engineering team is responsible for bringing Bloomberg’s first-class Enterprise products to The Cloud. We are building fully automated and scalable infrastructure running at the top public cloud providers to meet our customers where they are and handle the dynamic and shifting load of our services. On one hand, we work with Enterprise Product and Engineering teams to understand the nature of their products, and on the other with the cloud governance committee and CTO to define and implement best practices around security and scalability.
We maintain cloud infrastructure through provisioning, monitoring, configuration, and deployment. We monitor the resources closely, and handle incidents when needed. Our work is critical to enabling our customers to migrate to the cloud, while opening up the door for new and innovative products within the Enterprise space leveraging everything cloud providers have to offer.
Who are you?
You’re someone who is passionate about building systems that impact teams across a large organization. You’re excited about setting and developing best practices and finding the best tool(s) for the job. You thrive on meeting and exceeding the high expectations of reliability for our products. Most importantly, you care about being a part of and building an inclusive and diverse team culture.
We’ll Trust You To
- Create monitoring and deployment tools that support many application groups to operate in a diverse environment of vendors and platforms
- Define and measure reliability of a service that exists in the cloud, and enable application developers to do the same for their applications in the cloud
- Collaborate closely with a variety of groups within the Bloomberg, from Engineering and Product to Security and Architecture, to drive solutions to completion
You’ll Need to Have
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a software engineer and/ or cloud infrastructure role
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Proficiency in provisioning and configuration management.
We’d love to see
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (such as Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux environment
- Experience with tools such as Terraform or Chef
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.