Cloud Solutions Architect - Enterprise Data
New York, NY
Posted Feb 13, 2020 - Requisition No. 81308
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered best in class by the capital markets community. Across real time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and unique analytics we offer:
- The most comprehensive and highest quality content in the industry.
- Distribution platforms that are flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard.
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis.
- These mission critical datasets serve as the primary source of information across the front, middle, and back office at -the most respected capital markets firms across the globe.
- Lead deep technical discussions with customers, vendor partners, and Bloomberg colleagues from Product, Sales, -Engineering, and Client Services.
- Serve as technical experts in cloud technologies for capital markets use cases.
- Engage with customers as part of their solution creation team.
- Confidently make recommendations to customers and partners.
- Develop collateral including tutorials, sample code, reference implementations, and presentations that will be used by -technology practitioners as well as executive decision makers.
- Provide feedback to Product and Engineering teams to help shape product strategy and execution roadmap.
- Balance hands on work with a desire to keep up with trends.
What's the Role?
Capital markets firms are aggressively moving workloads to the cloud. Driven by cost savings, opportunities to scale, or innovative data strategies utilising cloud has become a critical aspect of our customers’ technology strategies. Bloomberg wants to be the leader in cloud ready data.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will play a critical role in helping customers and Bloomberg, together, achieve success. As a hands on liaison between Bloomberg product development teams and the technology teams at our customers, the Solutions Architect will provide experienced technical design, cloud thought leadership, and Bloomberg recommended best practices as customers develop solutions on the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be a customer focused technologist that seeks opportunities to get their hands dirty while confidently working with clients to design and build solutions that will best leverage Bloomberg content and technology with applications running on the cloud.
We'll Trust you to:
What do I need to apply?
- Experience with hands-on software development/systems architecture of enterprise applications used at capital market firms.
- Applications should be data intensive and may span front/middle/or back office.
- Understanding of capital markets, banking, asset management, and/or the trade lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- Experience creating or migrating applications to the public cloud.
- Appreciation for DevOps, systems administration, system monitoring, and requirements of mission critical solutions.
- Proficiency with creating technical based documentation and presentations (white-board, small team, broad audience).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable to work in a non-hierarchical, large global organization where interaction with senior management is required.
- Passion for consistent learning.
- Ability to travel
- Professional level certifications from AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field If this sounds like you:
It’s a Plus if you have:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status