Collections Specialist - Customer Financial Services
New York, NY
Posted Sep 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 92689
Bloomberg Global Finance is committed to providing exceptional customer service for internal and external stakeholders while obtaining prompt payments from our clients across the globe. The team is seeking a driven individual to join our fast-paced New York team to manage a robust collections portfolio.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to learn various aspects of Accounts Receivable, Billing, & Cash Application across the North America Region
- Ownership of aged receivables and a direct impact on ensuring the timely application and collection of payments critical to Bloomberg's business goals
- The opportunity to network and collaborate with various departments
- You will work alongside our billing team to resolve pricing issues and invoice disputes, as well as work with Sales to build strong working relationships and identify key areas for improvement
We'll Trust You To:
- Maintain positive relationships with both customers and internal leaders by providing white-glove customer service while simultaneously following up on timely payment arrangements
- Log all collection notes on Bloomberg's SAP Collections module and internal ticketing systems
- Process customer refunds, write-offs, and prepare delinquent customers for third party collections
- Partner with internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams resolve outstanding issues
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of recent experience in Accounting Operations, Collections, and/or Accounts Receivable in a corporate environment
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, evolving environment while demonstrating resourcefulness and strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully handling large-scale accounts in a client-facing or customer service function
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability effectively collaborate with team members and partners across businesses
- Experience having accountability over a robust portfolio of collection matters and aging receivables
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.