Commercial HVAC Systems Pricing Analyst - Remote (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 114762
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for a Commercial HVAC Systems Pricing Analyst to join a growing market research team!
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved market research and data to companies across commodity product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance. Green Markets recently expanded its industry coverage to include HVAC systems including residential (both standard and high efficiency), VRF, and commercial unitary (from 2-50 tons). Through a new market report, the business will provide detailed insight on wholesale pricing trends as well as market conditions including order lead time and demand. This new research product will be offered for sale to market participants including HVAC product manufacturers, mechanical contractors, distributors, construction firms and end-users.
The Commercial HVAC Systems Pricing Analyst is responsible for continuously developing and managing a network of HVAC industry participants representing buyers, sellers, and market intermediaries. Following specific guidelines this analyst will regularly engage with and gather data from market participants to develop proprietary price assessments for key product and regional markets.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network within the commercial HVAC systems industry. In this role you will communicate with market participants on the buy and sell side to uncover market trends and developments. Additionally, you will synthesize this information into proprietary pricing intelligence to be used by a variety of HVAC-industry constituents. You will be responsible for sourcing market sentiment information, reacting to feedback from clients and company stakeholders, and managing ad-hoc projects that are part of the overall product strategy. Your knowledge will also play a central part in the marketing of any product launch.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a proprietary commercial HVAC system price and market sentiment source network
- Obtain current market prices and market sentiment narrative for commercial HVAC systems/products such as applied, unitary, light commercial, packaged indoor/outdoor systems, split systems, VRF, heat pumps.
- Utilize a pricing discovery process provided to you by Bloomberg
- Use salesforce automation software to simplify and organize network development
- Provide activity tracking using established methods and best practices
- Use a source and pricing data tracking tool to organize data and provide transparency of network/source feedback
- Operate within established ethical guidelines to be provided
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing, buying or selling U.S. commercial HVAC systems products
- Credible contacts in the U.S. commercial HVAC market and/or a strong understanding of the companies operating in this industry
- Analytical and information gathering skills combined with the ability to develop written conclusions on market pricing trends
- Strong communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship development skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
We’d love to see:
- A passion for understanding the nuances of the U.S. commercial HVAC industry
- Interest in continuous learning and expanding industry knowledge base
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 45 - 85 USD Hourly