Commodity Index Production Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 112524
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services! This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products. Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is a top tier provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs.
We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. The (BISL) platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access.
What’s the Role?
Bloomberg Indices is seeking a highly motivated and driven Index Manager responsible for our Multi-Asset (Commodity, FX, and Crypto) index production. Commodity Index Production Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise to produce and deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients. To do so they demonstrate their operational, finance, and technology skills to manage the daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products and to innovate products and processes to support the index business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain indices in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies to ensure the correct application of index rules, quality control and data remediation to ensure the integrity of the index
- Perform index rebalance for core benchmark families (i.e. Bloomberg Commodity Index, UBS Bloomberg Commodity Constant Maturity Index, Bloomberg Dollar Index).
- Monitor daily production processes for the acquisition and quality control of all input data required for the indices
- Provide superior customer service for operational inquiries both internally and externally
- Conduct root cause, impact, and risk analysis for incidents in preparation for problem management review with product, legal, and compliance teams
- Manage a variety of projects related to new index development, product maintenance and product support
- Create and maintain documentation such as index publications, fact sheets, and operational playbooks
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries, while communicating product vision and building consensus among our senior leadership team
- Work collaboratively with Index Engineering to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of financial experience, with a preference in commodities and or indexing.
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g., SQL, QlikSense, Python, Excel, etc.
- Proven commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with Engineering, Data, Sales, Product and Support
We’d love to see:
- A Master’s Degree and/or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience building/ maintaining indexes and validation models
- Eagerness to learn and work in a challenging, complex, dynamic, high-pressure environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus