Communications Manager – Financial Products
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 89787
Technology is driving innovation in the financial industry, enabling financial firms and global market participants to make advances in data management, process automation, efficiency and growth. Bloomberg remains at the forefront of FinTech and financial information innovation, developing solutions that anticipate the evolving needs of the global financial community, and embedding emerging technologies into the fabric of our trusted network and applications. In this way, we empower our clients to take advantage of innovation without disrupting the existing workflows and relationships that power our customers’ firms and connect the institutional financial ecosystem and global capital markets.
We are looking for a B2B communications specialist who is energized by crafting unique, compelling stories on financial technology and the markets. You know the difference between a a Chief Information Officer and a Chief Investment Officer, the roles they play in driving industry innovation, and how to shape solutions-oriented messaging for each of them on topics including the buy-side workflow, electronic trading, risk and regulations, and evolving market structure.
You'll be responsible for:
- Crafting compelling stories that describe Bloomberg’s role in furthering financial technology and innovation in an evolving market.
- Translating the complexity of Bloomberg’s core and enterprise solutions (and the scope of their impact) into pitches, press releases and content that positions Bloomberg as a financial technology company.
- Developing communications plans and campaigns that support product strategy and monitoring the media landscape for actionable insights
- Maintaining influencer (media, industry analysts and others) relations in financial and technology circles
- Supporting the development of business and product messaging for spokespeople and briefing executives on the use of that messaging.
- Applying rigorous attention to metrics, monitoring progress and incorporate insights and trends into communications strategies to drive successful outcomes
- Collaborating with communications and marketing colleagues to ensure message and tactic consistency.
You'll bring to our team:
- 7-10 years of Communications, Public Relations or Brand Strategy experience in-house and/or at an agency
- Previous experience working with a financial firm or technology company that serves the financial sector
- Strong familiarity with the media outlets, reporters, social influencers and industry analysts that cover the intersection of technology and finance
- Experience developing global media strategies, shaping messaging, creating compelling content and pitching stories.
- Strategic thinker, supported by deep analytical capabilities and data driven approach
- Strong executive presence as well as interpersonal and written communication skills, delivering at the executive level
- A healthy balance of collaboration, cooperation and autonomy
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.