New York, NY
Posted Apr 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 102144
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a dedication to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result is employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a high-energy, responsive and detail-oriented communicator to develop and execute internal communications in our highly dynamic firm.
You’ll advise, write and edit internal messaging, in partnership with senior leaders acorss our Product, Data and Engineering division. When delivering effective and creative communications, you do it with pizzazz and a smile -- and most importantly, you act with urgency.
You know how to work with discretion; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you. You're also comfortable with prioritizing your daily to-do list, based on timely work that crosses your desk.
We'll trust you to:
Data Business Partnership: More than ever before, financial professionals must navigate huge volumes of data to make the most informed decisions possible. The Data teams works across domains and asset classes, leveraging a wide range of expertise, to uncover the most relevant information and insights for our customers. As the internal communications partner, you'll advise the business head and leadership team as the department undergoes a time of transformation.
Engineering Business Partnership: Bloomberg's systems make an immediate impact on the global markets, and our 6,500+ engineers are dedicated to building and advancing them. Keeping our engineers informed and engaged is a top priority, and this role gives you the opportunity to partner with some of Bloomberg's global engineering leaders as they communicate with their talented, distributed teams around the globe.
Policy & Operational Changes: From launching new videoconferencing technology to introducing new travel & expense policies, there is no shortage of changes to communicate regarding our internal processes, procedures and tools. You will lead this messaging, working with partners to ensure employee awareness and drive any behavior changes.
Content Creation: Whether it's writing intranet stories, drafting video scripts, facilitating town halls or developing compelling content for our employee social media channel, you will hone your creativity and implement new ideas as we bring our people, teams and offices to life across a variety of platforms.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years applicable experience working in communications in various subject areas.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- A sharp eye for detail, for both written communications and employee events (such as town halls).
- Typos aren't your thing; magnificent execution and clearly defined logistics are.
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you.
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness - especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Sound judgement and an ability to serve as a strategic partner - suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and leverage both your network and resources to move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Proven content samples (memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, video scripts, change plans, etc.) crafted to support internal communications campaigns.
We'd love to see:
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure.
- A deep interest in organizational psychology.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals.
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis.
- Ability to influence
- Ability to operate with urgency and do eleven things at once – and do them well.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.