New York, NY
Posted Oct 2, 2018 - Requisition No. 71045
At Bloomberg, we work hard and we work fast, while upholding the standards of quality and accuracy that define us. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is open, just like our spaces, and we bring out the best in each other. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment. We also have great snacks.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced and high-energy communicator to develop and execute organizational communications and strategic programs in our highly dynamic firm. You’ll partner with senior business leaders across our Corporate and Support functions, working directly and regularly with Bloomberg’s COO, CHRO and General Counsel, among other executives.
You'll advise, write and edit on behalf of these leaders – your clients -- as they communicate changes ranging from re-organizations to policy updates. You’re the kind of person who finds joy in providing stakeholders with top-notch service based on your communications experience and organizational insight.
When delivering effective, creative and strategic communications, you do it with pizzazz, a smile, a sense of humor and urgency. You know how to operate with discretion; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you.
We'll trust you to handle:
- Organizational change: You'll partner with teams, such as Human Resources, Legal, Facilities, Supply Chain and Security, to link organizational and policy shifts to strategic intentions and marketplace dynamics. Your work will bring sense and meaning for more than 18,000 employees.
- Executive communications: Thanks to your knack for quickly developing rapport (regardless of someone's seniority), you'll embrace the voice of Bloomberg's management as you write, edit and distribute compelling messages on their behalf.
- Employee benefits: Bloomberg has a robust, varied and generous benefits package. You'll inform employees of these offerings, helping them to appreciate and take full advantage of what we provide.
- Diversity & Inclusion: You'll work with our stellar Diversity & Inclusion team to produce communications that support an inclusive environment where we appreciate differences, empower our people and enable collaboration.
- Philanthropy & Engagement: Your work will build on the long-standing philanthropic commitment established by the company founder. You'll engage employees to participate in service activities, assist neighbors in need and inspire the next generation of leaders through mentoring initiatives.
- Training, professional development & performance assessment. You'll drive high participation rates in both mandatory and elective training programs and performance review processes.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years applicable experience working in internal/employee communications in various disciplines, such as organizational, change and executive communications.
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives.
- An extremely sensitive eye for detail. Typos aren't your thing; flawless execution is.
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they like working with you.
- Speed and adaptability, especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Demonstrable content samples (executive memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, town hall agendas, video scripts, change plans, etc.) created to support internal communications campaigns.
- Ability to work in an open environment is a must.
We'd love to see:
- If you worked in an internal communications capacity within the financial technology or financial services industries, well, that's just the icing on the cake!
- Able to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure.
- A deep interest in organizational psychology.
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals.
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis.
- Ability to operate with urgency and do eleven things at once – and do them well.
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.