New York, NY
Posted Feb 13, 2020 - Requisition No. 81303
As Bloomberg Media Group continues to grow, expand and diversify its businesses, the need to articulate and elevate its profile among professional consumers, industry leaders, advertisers and business influencers worldwide is more important than ever.
The Communications Manager role is a key member of the communications team, helping to promote internally and externally Bloomberg Media Group’s reputation as the largest, most innovative, digitally-integrated business media company in the world.
What's the role?
We're looking for a strong team player and self-starter with a keen intellect; a can-do attitude; laser-eye attention to detail; and a good sense of humor. The ideal candidate has a proven success record supporting and executing on ambitious, forward-leaning communications strategies; the ability to operate in a fast-paced, real-time, 24/7 global media environment; and a love of working across teams and projects. The ideal candidate is also a strategic thinker as well as a doer, who can think big-picture and roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
The position is located at Bloomberg’s global headquarters in New York City.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with the team to develop and execute communications strategies, including brand building initiatives, product launches, thought leadership and internal communications efforts
- Draft materials including press releases, blog posts, pitches, executive communications and talking points
- Engage, cultivate and manage media relationships with key journalists
- Coordinate and staff press interviews and deliver timely prep material for executives
- Develop creative, compelling story ideas and mine for news by working closely with teams across the business
- Help build Bloomberg Media's brand and industry awareness through speaking submissions at conferences and submit award nominations
- Collaborate with the employee communications team to promote Bloomberg Media's people and products to an internal audience
- Proactively monitor and analyze ongoing press coverage and social media conversations about Bloomberg Media and the industry
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders and internal teams -- prepare agendas and deliver action items
- Team admin and support across initiatives and projects
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years relevant PR experience, including both internal and external communications
- Strong ability to work well with reporters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience doing executive comms, change management, and B2B and B2C PR
- Track record of success building out thought leadership platforms
- Strong knowledge of the media industry and good relationships with reporters
- Great social media skills
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.