Communications Specialist - Financial Products
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 90757
Our Corporate Communications team builds belief in Bloomberg among our clients, employees, and the general public. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work within this department to support external corporate and product-level communications as a member of the Financial Products Communications team in New York.
Technology is driving innovation in the financial industry, enabling financial firms and global market participants to make advances in data management, process automation, efficiency and growth. Bloomberg empowers our clients to take advantage of innovation without disrupting the existing workflows and relationships that power our customers’ firms and connect the institutional financial ecosystem and global capital markets.
To be successful in this role, you should enjoy independently managing your own responsibilities within the supportive environment of a high-performing team. You are at your best when simultaneously driving and executing a variety of initiatives -- from creating communications content to leading productive meetings. As we work closely with clients, product managers, and our sales team, it helps if you are passionate about promoting the people and products that move financial markets.
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply!
In this role, we'll trust you with:
- Project management, including maintaining the global team communications calendar, coverage tracking tools and collaboration platforms. and managing our internal media coverage newsletter.
- Execution of strategic communications campaigns, including developing messaging, producing high-quality content, and handling distribution across internal and external channels
- Media and industry analyst outreach, including pitching and facilitating briefings and inquiries
- Production and updating of internal and external communications assets including spokesperson bios, briefing documents, company/solution fact sheets and briefing presentations
- Building and maintaining media and advocacy lists, including overseeing related agency activities
- Coordinating team meetings, agency updates, and spokesperson trainings
- Internal distribution of impactful media clips and industry research
- Reporting media and analyst relations impact metrics, collaborating with cross-functional teams and PR agencies
- Promoting the adoption of communications best practices, innovations, and standards
- Management of analyst firm and publication subscriptions and accounts, including purchasing, relationship management and ensuring return on investment
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project management expertise, superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a marketing, analyst relations, media relations, communications or customer-facing function, either in-house or agency
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- Distinctive proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accustomed to "open door" office setting
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in social media and emerging communications channels
- Knowledge of and interest in the global financial markets and technology trends
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.