Compliance Officer – Research and Valuation
New York, NY
Posted Mar 19, 2020 - Requisition No. 82016
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced, technologically savvy professional to join the Americas Compliance team in New York as a Compliance Officer supporting Bloomberg’s global offering of research and valuation products. This is a unique team which utilizes the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
You will provide support for a comprehensive offering of Bloomberg’s Research and Valuation products, including Bloomberg Intelligence, Bloomberg Indices, BNEF and BVAL. The role will have a focus on identifying and assessing Compliance and Regulatory risks applicable to the various products and businesses and, working with the global Compliance team, you will provide ongoing support and advisory guidance to the businesses to help mitigate such risks. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with experience in financial markets, financial technology, and exposure to investment advisor and broker-dealer regulation. Good communication and interpersonal skills are critical, together with the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a self-starter
- Think strategically about providing comprehensive, advisory compliance support to the business on investment advisor, broker dealer, and other applicable US and EU regulations
- Review, update and draft Compliance policies and procedures
- Develop and streamline new and existing Compliance processes
- Identify opportunities for and assist in implementing system enhancements
- Respond to regulatory inquiries as appropriate
- Conduct reviews, testing and verification on a regular basis
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and internal management as applicable
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and their potential impact
- Act as the second line of defence for dynamic, forward thinking businesses
- Working closely with Legal, keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and potential compliance impact
- Plan, prepare and conduct training for business stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the financial industry with broad knowledge of financial concepts
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- JD Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.