Compliance Officer – Sanctions
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70182
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
What's The Role?
We are seeking a Compliance Officer with relevant Sanctions / OFAC experience who will be responsible for providing support on matters related to prevention of sanctions violations globally with particular focus on assessing systems effectiveness, vendor management, emerging sanctions risk, and real-time support to businesses globally on sanctions questions. You will report to the Global Head of Sanctions and Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption.
We'll Trust You To:
- Have a deep understanding of US / OFAC sanctions as well as a working knowledge of UK and EU sanctions regimes
- Understand sanctions risk and oversee, direct, and to the degree necessary conduct due diligence on business partners and analyze sanctions risk based on ownership structures and controlling parties of business partners
- Provide timely advice to various businesses globally on sanctions risk, exemptions to sanctions
- Provide timely analysis on recently announced OFAC sanctions and how they affect Bloomberg businesses globally
- File necessary reports with OFAC and other sanctions authorities as appropriate
- Help conduct periodic risk assessments of various businesses globally
- Assist in creating sanctions compliance training and conduct in-person, tailored training of various businesses
- Develop/update policies and procedures related to sanctions
You'll Need To Have:
- Minimum of 5 years' of sanctions experience in a bank, broker dealer, banking regulator or a consulting firm providing services to the financial industry
- Familiarity with OFAC sanctions programs, including Sectoral Sanctions
- Attention to detail, good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to produce concise reports (due diligence, investigations) and present findings to business and other key partners in a timely fashion
We'd Love To See:
- Strong ability to understand and navigate a complex technological and operational environment
- That you have an interest in international relations / world events and their applicability to financial crimes
- Foreign language skills, international educational or work experience
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.