Compliance Officer - Swap Execution Facility
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 73593
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Bloomberg is looking for a Swap Execution Facility (SEF) Compliance Officer to join our SEF Compliance team. This role will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and work closely with a senior member of the swap execution facility team.
The Bloomberg SEF Compliance Department is part of the Global Compliance Department and provides compliance coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entity and products, as well as compliance support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. The Compliance Department works closely with the Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensuring compliance with current and developing rules and regulations, and corresponding with regulators.
This is a unique team which utilizes the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the SEF CCO in ensuring compliance with the CEA and CFTC SEF related regulations, as well with relevant foreign regulations. We will expect you to provide interpretive guidance to participants and the business as needed, including real time advisory services globally, as well as maintaining, reviewing and periodically updating the SEF Rulebook and compliance policies and procedures. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We'll trust you to:
- Assess and interpret the relevance of applicable rules and regulations
- Liaise with regulators, as well as BSEF’s regulatory service provider
- Respond to regulatory inquiries
- Assist with investigations and disciplinary actions
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Review, update and draft Compliance policies
- Develop and streamline new and existing Compliance processes
- Work alongside the Team Leader to increase the profile of the Compliance team within the business
- Review and approve as necessary system initiatives and enhancements related to SEF functionality
- Identify potential enhancements in processes and play a role to implement system changes
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and their potential impact
- Act as the second line of defense in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Plan, prepare and conduct continuing education for business stakeholders
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of market structure, including swap dealing, reporting and clearing
- Experience in the financial markets, specifically electronic trading.
- Experience responding to regulatory inquiries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures, and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- 3-5 years’ experience in derivatives/swaps compliance
- Fluency with financial trading technology
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation
- JD degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.