Consumer/Industrial/Healthcare Litigation Analyst - Bloomberg Intelligence (6-Month Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 118411
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth equity, fixed income, legal and policy research on large and midsize companies to help investors and industry professionals effectively evaluate those companies and the broader markets. We also produce extensive regional and global equity and fixed-income strategy research.
Our research combines written analysis with interactive charting and analytics created from company-reported data as well as industry and government data. Our work gives trading, investment and industry professionals and other Bloomberg Terminal clients deep insight into where crucial sectors or regions stand and where they may be heading.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Identify, prioritize, research, and track key litigation and regulation with potential to impact business and the markets over issues relating to the consumer, industrials and healthcare sectors.
- Build and maintain litigation and policy research decks.
- Facilitate research and analysis between all relevant Bloomberg analysts, including those at Bloomberg Intelligence covering these sectors.
- Engage in primary research on ongoing litigation and policy issues in those sectors.
- Write research on a regular basis and communicate it to relevant Bloomberg counterparts as well as terminal clients.
- Create and manage partnerships with key external market professionals, including clients and prospects, to identify additional commercial opportunities.
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- A Juris Doctor degree
- Litigation experience
- 3-5+ years progressively responsible law firm experience or combined law firm/in-house experience.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- A self-starter attitude, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- A willingness to travel to regional offices as needed.
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- General knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
- Experience interpreting financial statements & performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, & procedures of finance & accounting.
- Marketing or business development experience.
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal a plus
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 100 - 100 USD Hourly