Content Relationship Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 102271
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Management, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Our Content team is responsible for acquiring and managing equity/credit research content and data from the sell-side and independent research providers which is then made available to our client base. For the buy-side, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access research content in one place makes their lives easier and more efficient. It also helps them make more informed investment decisions. For the sell-side/independent research houses, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater readership and return on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute professional like you, to join the team in New York. Using your existing knowledge and relationships, we’ll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in further developing and enhancing our research content and data. You'll be given the autonomy to continue to build the research product working with major sell-side, buy-side, independent research institutions and with data contributors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Expand and enhance our Research, Estimates, and Corporate Access content on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Build strong relationships with Heads of Research, Heads of Sales, and COOs within Sell-side and Independent research firms, as well as Buy-side firms
- Facilitate partnerships with content producers so as to improve the quality of content contributed to the terminal and to help deepen the overall relationship with Bloomberg
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to identify gaps and opportunities within our coverage
- Negotiate contracts with third party data providers to help build a scale-able on-boarding approach and optimize the visibility of this content on our systems
- Work closely with internal business units to clearly define our clients’ research & data requirements and position our content offering to our users
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience in a research/content distribution or research sales oriented role required
- Possession of Research related contacts at a senior level and comfortable in engaging new contacts
- Basic/working knowledge of distribution technology is a requirement
- Ability to spot and follow emerging research and data trends
- Willingness and track record of building strong networks internally and externally
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Demonstrate innovative ideas to cater to specific requirements of the local markets
- Quick learner and driven to find answers without being given a lot of detail or instructions
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills
- Possesses an "all hands on deck" attitude
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in sales, relationship management and/or business development
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure to release new products
- Working knowledge of a Bloomberg terminal
- Understanding of MIFID II’s impact on the research industry
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.