Content Strategist (6 Months - New York)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 29, 2020 - Requisition No. 84137
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has excellent writing, design, production, and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world-class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
Our Content Marketing Team is seeking a proven and highly motivated content marketer. The team is responsible for creating and distributing valuable content to attract, acquire and engage relevant audiences. Our goal is to elevate the Bloomberg brand and help drive business growth. We develop editorial plans and define the delivery channels for business partners based on the most interesting and important information we can provide to the industry.
The ideal candidate will work with business partners and marketing managers to build content programs, manage content production, distribution and community development for existing and emerging channels for the Bloomberg businesses. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be an individual contributor as well as add strategic insights to the overall digital marketing strategy, and demonstrate a passion for our brand.
In the capacity of content marketer, this individual will need to partner with internal and external resources for creation and development of content as well as define the go-to market strategy for activating content across web, social and syndication channels. The candidate should be comfortable working with stakeholders across global markets and be familiar with global as well as local digital trends.
We’ll trust you to
- Help define micro-content strategy in coordination with global content and social team
- Author, edit and publish posts on all content channels
- Aggregate data from primary platform metrics and interpret data into macro dashboards
- Work closely and coordinate content plans with the global content team located in London and Hong Kong
- Support and integrate business-line marketing programs, public relations and events marketing across Bloomberg’s global audiences and business units
- Define and manage the editorial calendar of postings to owned sites, social media platforms, and syndication outlets
- Be the online brand evangelist and ensure engagement of the brand users 24/7
- Train internal stakeholders and colleagues (marketing, communications, product, sales and other) on content marketing best practices
Analyze and provide insights of digital campaign results
You need to be able to
- Work with cross-functional (product marketing, corporate communications, and digital design and production) and cross-regional (APAC, EMEA, AMER) teams cross business units to guide development of editorial calendar
- Identify and pursue opportunities for scaling our content
- Work productively, efficiently, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and following a follow-the-sun workflow
- Adapt, learn quickly, and be resourceful
- Communicate and collaborate during major time zones
- React and take immediate action in critical situations
You need to have
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to guide development of editorial calendar
- An ability to understand the company's brand tone and translate that into effective content marketing that drives engagement
- Strong project management and problem solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Analytical expertise in assessing digital trends and campaign analysis
- Working knowledge of integrated marketing disciplines such as paid search, media, direct marketing, eCRM and their respective platforms
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful
- A bachelor's degree is required
We’d love to see
- Experience in a corporate setting
- Experienced in monitoring consumer sentiment across digital channels
- Experience working with WordPress or similar content management system
- B2B experience
- Knowledge of institutional financial services
- Fluency in English – any additional languages would be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.