Content Support Specialist - Exchanges
New York, NY
Posted Sep 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 106752
Job DescriptionYou're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying it – our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with information they need. The team is comprised of several teams focusing across: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure.
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Business Management team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income.
We are responsible for developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges and managing that market data for our internal and external customers. This role includes managing projects, trouble-shooting our market data feeds, building relationships, onboarding new content and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges.
You will focus on providing our customers (both internal and external) with high-level customer service on all questions related to our exchanges data. In addition, content support specialists will lead projects to integrate new market data onto Bloomberg, and improve existing content. You will work closely with our clients, Sales, engineers and exchanges across North & South America, to ensure the successful support and delivery of new exchange products to Bloomberg customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide live front-line customer support for all exchange market-data
- Understand how customers consume market data
- Liaise with various internal teams such as Engineering, Product, Sales, Data to resolve problems
- Improve data quality, onboard new content
- Manage existing exchange data content
- Main point of contact for any issues with exchange market data
- Drive process improvements, operational and workflow efficiency
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to develop project plans
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organizational skills
- Interest in or experience with programming languages like Python and/or SQL
- Excellent documentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.