Continuous Improvement Product Owner - Employee Support
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2019 - Requisition No. 79330
Continuous improvement isn’t magic...it takes work. Challenge the Status Quo — The essence of continuous improvement is asking “could we do this any better?” and encouraging new ideas and ways of working.
The process engineering and automation scrum team will be engaged in assessing process, systems, workflows and technology stack across all functions in Internal Support (Workplace Ops, Infosys, Supply Chain etc.) utilizing process analysis techniques to optimize operations across business units and present findings, results and opportunities to partners at all levels.
The team will be responsible for the application of automation technologies, carving out first steps for strategic groundbreaking initiatives and developing operating models that scale across the enterprise.
What's the Role?
We are looking for a self-starter with an ambitious spirit and an ability to bring clear direction in the face of uncertainty / ambiguity. They are impatient with the status quo, seeks to make things better, builds transparency and makes bold decisions in ambiguity, holds self and team to account for meaningful goals. They also think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business.
We will trust you to:
- Analyze existing processes, team utilization, facility layout, and operational data including production costs, flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of people, process and technology and drive business value
- Establish strong working relationships to influence and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Create a compelling product vision that is executable by the team
- Links what we do to why we do it, adapts their message to the audience, is compelling in communicating a vision or plan, inspires and takes people with them
- Build a roadmap that aligns with everyone to deliver and turn the vision into reality
- Curate a product backlog of “enabling items” that will deliver the business value, do the right thing at the right time
- Spend a huge portion of their time with the stakeholders, working very closely to tease out the business needs and opportunities and articulating that into the vision and roadmap
- Collaborate with the scrum master and the team to implement the principles of agile as they collectively execute on the vision
- Work alongside the team to create clear and concise backlog and partner with the scrum master on effective product backlog management
You'll Need to Have:
- Demonstrated product owner/manager experience
- Experience working in a Agile product development environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.