Contractor Copywriter (12 Months - NY)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 22, 2020 - Requisition No. 84025
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
Our studio team is searching for a talented contractor copywriter with editing skills. In the role we will trust you to create relevant and effective marketing collateral and campaigns to engage current and prospective audiences.
- Generate ideas that are inspiring and on brief
- Synthesize and write about new concepts and topics on brand and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with creative team members.
- Build strong relationships with other Studio members, marketing managers and stakeholders across regions globally.
- Types of collateral include sell sheets, short copy for ads, electronic communications, event write-ups, long form product brochures and scriptwriting for short videos.
- Editorial responsibilities include reviewing and proofing electronic communications and short form collateral.
- 7+ years writing experience preferably with some financial services background.
- Demonstrated experience in producing creative and strategic communications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact professionally with internal business partners and clients and to understand their business objectives.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders; specifically sales or product teams to understand the specific product features/benefits and sales processes in order to create effective copy targeted to specific "player-type" audiences.
- Experience working with studio and digital design teams to format copy for sell sheets, brochures and email that can easily be translated to our visual design system.
- The ability to manage workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong portfolio
- The ability to develop concepts and copy for integrated brand and product campaigns across print, digital and out-of-home media
- Copywriting samples for collateral such as long form product brochures, event write-ups, sell sheets, white papers, short copy for ads, electronic communications and scriptwriting for short videos.
We'd like to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.