Controls Manager - Content Acquisition
New York, NY
Posted Oct 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 120738
Robust risk management is an ongoing point of differentiation and strength for Bloomberg as the expectations of regulators, clients, and other external partners continue to evolve. We are looking for a Controls Manager who will develop a deep understanding of our products and services, our strategy and our value drivers and be able to identify and differentiate those activities and processes most critical to our strategic goals. The Controls Manager will be jointly accountable with Product Management for the development and maintenance of a strong and consistent controls environment encompassing those activities as well as represent the Product across multiple firmwide risk programs, including Operational Resilience.
This position will report into the Global Head of Content Acquisition and will be a key part of the Content Acquisition management team in addition to having connections and responsibilities to the broader organization's initiatives related to risk and controls management.
The Content Acquisition team (CA) manages acquiring the content needed to power Bloomberg's product offerings. This includes content and data that is contributed from our content partners including third parties, exchanges, or our customers. Comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Management, Contracts and 3rd Party Commercials; the teams work together to onboard an incredible amount of content. Teams must also ensure that the data is discoverable, compliant, onboarded efficiently and compliments other Bloomberg products.
The Controls Manager will be responsible for ensuring we are continuously upkeeping and improving our risk programs surrounding our data acquisition activities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own the overall policy and controls vision for the Content Acquisition department; you will develop a best-in-class policy and controls program and culture that is integrated into the day-to-day operations and workflows of the teams
- Develop a deep understanding of existing workflows, technologies, priorities and practices; you will review, challenge and validate existing policies and procedures against industry leading practices
- Be responsible for conducting robust and proactive risk assessments on the most critical activities to identify both current and emerging risks; you will set the Key Performance Indicators to create the standards by implementing business systems and measure the performance towards the standards, and the necessary corrective actions
- Partner with both the Product and Senior Management teams and other key stakeholders to develop, prioritize and build out our frameworks and vision for controls
- Work with Senior Management and the Product team to assess appetite for risk and provide recommendations accordingly
- Effectively communicate and get buy-in from all internal stakeholders related to the controls vision to ensure it is widely adopted
- Ensure that an appropriate governance structure is in place to present and agree on risk assessments and serve as an escalation for issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with those across the broader risk management agenda including Risk Management, Legal and Compliance and Internal Audit
- Identify areas of training for the entire Content Acquisition team and their stakeholders to support embedding a culture of active risk management
- Monitor emerging industry trends, regulatory changes and technology advancements to proactively adjust the controls strategy
- Engage with external content partners to instill confidence in our control systems and policies
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in the controls and policy space
- Understanding of content acquisition workflows and processes and/or vendor management
- Ability to interact and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to make/recommend decisions on limited information
- Strong executive presence and the ability to influence and drive timely decisions at all levels of the organization up to Product Management
- An ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of the data and/or financial industry and will encourage the person in role to attend conferences and industry events to stay up-to-date
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know next steps!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 175,000 - 200,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus