Copywriter, Digital Subscriptions Business (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 90686
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2020 is to scale our incredible growth in acquiring and retaining subscribers.
We have expanded our commercial business beyond media advertising sales to offer a full range of agency services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated 12- month Copywriter contractor with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate and steer the brand’s verbal identity. They will be responsible for partnering with design, editorial and marketing teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts and develop messaging – scripts for long and short form video content, social content ranging from brand messaging to direct offers, and product messaging for email, on-site and other digital placements.
You are flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and be able to balance multiple priorities. You’re a creative, innovative thinker who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table!
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure brand story is communicated through copy
- Partner with design, editorial and marketing teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts and develop messaging – scripts for long and short form video content, social content ranging from brand messaging to direct offers, and product messaging for email, on-site and other digital placements
- Familiarize yourself with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Develop a cohesive verbal identity that translates across brand and product marketing
- Develop a copy testing strategy with key channel owners to identify what works across platforms and placements
- Help drive business results by delivering on copy for a fast-paced, “test-and-learn” oriented marketing team
- Work efficiently to develop assets needed for marketing needs
We’d love to see:
- Solid understanding of marketing fundamentals and familiarity with brand and product marketing
- Ability to vary voice, style, and continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the target audience and drives action
- Self-sufficient in terms of time management and ideation
- Manage multiple projects and revisions while adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate and make the complex, simple
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience with media, subscription, or e-commerce brands, a plus
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or related field
- 5-7 years proven experience writing advertising and marketing copy
- Please include a link to your portfolio when applying
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.