Core Product - Index Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Dec 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 112630
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks, systematic strategies and custom index solutions. Used as the basis of investment products and performance benchmarking globally, the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media platforms enable the global investment community to interact with our products.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated multi-asset index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will be focused on product marketing and commercialization of indices across equity, commodity, alternatives, and multi-asset. In your responsibility of product positioning and commercial success of the business you would work closely with Sales, Research, Legal, Production, Engineering, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You’ll also help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry. You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with data and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Hands-on product management experience from an asset management or index background
- Broad understanding of financial markets, investment management and the sales process
- A desire to interact directly with both internal and external clients
- Strong verbal and writing skills, creativity, and marketing sense
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate well with fellow team members and other colleagues globally
- 5+ years of index industry or asset management experience with direct product management / product specialist experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
We’d love to see:
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced, and high-pressure work environment
- Curiosity and desire to expand knowledge beyond current expertise
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Terminal
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus