Core Product - News Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jul 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 92451
Bloomberg’s News Product team is responsible for the development and deployment of the global News Product within Bloomberg. We are currently seeking a software Product Management professional to join the team based in New York. As part of this dynamic team, you will be responsible for Bloomberg’s News Indexing strategy, execution and on-going development. Areas of product specialization include statistical and rules based classification of news stories. This position will involve direct senior management interaction defining developmental plans, priorities and budgets.
We’ll trust you to:
Own the development of the AI based classification systems, which underpin news search, monitoring and analytics. Extend and crystallize the product vision, collaborate with UX designers and engineers to execute on this vision and plan product releases and long term development priorities. News/content search product development experience is required as well as a shown skill-set encompassing technology, communication and project management.
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years in a Product Management role where you were involved with strategy and roadmap development
- Business understanding of the use of application programming interfaces/standards, working with Design and UX
- Technically fluent as you will need to understand the full software development life-cycle, the ability to communicate/translate with our Engineering team, and to be the intermediary between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Client-experience in order to generate business requirements specifications that will be used by software engineers to develop the News Search product
- Impeccable writing and organization skills
- Ability to present to technical and business audience, including senior management
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and garner support for your initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.