Core Terminal Product - Private Companies, Hedge Funds, Private Equity - Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 99680
Bloomberg Core Product is looking for a Product Manager to further develop our vision, design and lead implementation of terminal functionality to address the growing need of our customers for private market investments including private companies, private equity and hedge funds.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a detailed plan given your comprehensive understanding of trends in private fund investing, evolution and mechanics of primary and secondary private markets, and associated data and technology offerings. The plan will further address the core terminal product we need to develop or enrich to address the overall workflow needs of asset owners and allocators.
You will develop a well- researched product roadmap and execution plan that details proposed new functionality, incremental data needs and derived analytics, which you will vet with Bloomberg clients and then sell to internal stakeholders. You will be encouraged to collaborate with partners in Bloomberg Research, Portfolio Analytics and Reporting, Global Data, Data Sales, and other Core Terminal product teams.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build a business plan and product roadmap which considers return on investment, cost of build and time to market
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders throughout the organization focused on addressing needs of the public and private fund and private market investor as well as our portfolio risk and reporting analytics team
- Develop and/or maintain a network of clients including asset owners, outsourced CIOs and other industry professionals with whom private markets are important and who you can explore development ideas with to help inform your roadmap and product design
- Develop metrics to measure business impact and success
- Keep tabs on the competitive environment and client trends
- Lead an agile development process through JIRA including drafting of stories, identifying acceptance criteria and staging incremental releases
- Partner with Engineering and Data Operations to ensure deliverables are well understood and delivery achievements are met
- Keep internal stakeholders advised of progress throughout the development lifecycle
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote releasable product to clients
We are looking for a meticulous product manager who is hard-working, strategic and has a proven track record of execution and measurable success. The candidate should be quantitative and highly knowledgeable of private equity, hedge fund and private market investment instruments as well as asset owner, wealth manager and overall asset allocation workflow, priorities and related trends.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to influence through indirect management, have excellent oral and written presentation abilities, high energy, love building client relationships, strong organization and project management skills, a true interest in identifying client problems in need of a solution, and high attention to detail.
We’d love to see:
- a CFA charter or a BA, BS or higher degree in finance, business, accounting, computer science or a related field
- Experience leading sophisticated projects, products, or teams
- 5+ years of product management, consulting or related experience required for external candidates
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with private markets, hedge fund and/or private equity products and data; knowledge of public funds a plus
- Experience working with or strong knowledge of asset allocation, asset owner and/or wealth manager workflow including how this workflow, data requirements and needs are evolving
- Existing relationships with fund management companies, wealth managers/RIAs, outsourced CIOs and/or asset owners preferred
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to draft and deliver concise effective presentations that can sell your ideas
- Familiarity with Scrum Agile process
- Technical fluency-being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Experience using the Bloomberg terminal a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you are a good match and we will get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.