Corporate FP&A – Management Reporting Senior Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 102401
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg L.P. is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Management Reporting Team in the Corporate FP&A Group. The team provides critical financial information and support to the Board of Directors and Company leadership. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial reporting, and project and process management. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization, and build strong working relationships throughout the organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to Company leadership and management.
- Analyze financial results versus budgets, forecasts and prior periods to support management reports.
- Correlate business operations with financial results and reporting.
- Balance needs of diverse stakeholders and prioritize time as needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing processes and controls, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of financial information.
- Establish and nurture relationships with CFOs and key stakeholders across the Bloomberg organization.
- Develop and evolve insightful financial reporting to support current reporting to all levels of senior management and the overall financial and business community.
- Manage special projects and analysis to timely completion through strong project management.
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance or related field of study and 6-10 years of proven success within FP&A
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial management skills, analytical proficiency, and operational focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to formulate executive level presentations, etc.
- The drive for results and success, and ability to convey a sense of urgency to drive issues to closure.
- Ability to leverage detailed data sets and succinctly translate in a simple, effective manner
- Ability to think creatively and recommend new and unique ways to improve value contribution
- Technical skills: (MS suite, system savviness) with hands-on ability to implement change. Experience in the SAP/EPM environment a plus.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and time management skills.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.