Corporate Governance Counsel - New York
New York, NY
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101675
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Corporate Governance team within Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department works closely with senior management and business partners throughout the Company to design and manage the governance framework for Bloomberg’s businesses globally, including its regulated businesses. The team’s principle focus is to provide and implement strategic and practical guidance to shape the growth and evolution of our Company, which delivers world-class products and services to valued clients globally.
What’s the Role?
The Corporate Governance Counsel role is an exciting opportunity to support Bloomberg in promoting excellent standards of governance and to operate an end-to-end corporate secretarial program. You will collaborate with colleagues and handle cutting-edge, international governance and corporate structure matters.
- Advising stakeholders on compliance with governance practices, laws and regulations
- Drafting and reviewing agreements and governance materials
- Collaborating with colleagues in Legal & Compliance, Risk, Finance and Treasury to form new entities, set up businesses and execute on corporate structure initiatives
- Leading board meeting preparations by drafting materials, minutes and resolutions and shaping content along with board members and other key stakeholders
- Drafting corporate disclosures
- Managing and maintaining corporate registers, minute books, organizational charts and public filings
You’ll need to have:
- A strong understanding of corporate law principles, with at least 2 – 4 years of experience practicing corporate law at a top law firm
- A law degree (J.D.) and license to practice law in the United States
- Experience drafting agreements, disclosures and resolutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate complex legal concepts to digestible, easy to use content for business leaders and other non-legal teams
- Excellent organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail
- Proactive attitude and approach to managing projects and leading initiatives, including the ability to balance multiple matters simultaneously and determine when and how to prioritize
- The confidence to work effectively and with minimal supervision on matters that require significant collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g., senior colleagues, business partners and non-legal teams)
- Integrity and discretion when handling and advising on confidential or sensitive information
- Self-awareness and strong emotional intelligence
We’d love to see:
- A strong desire to understand and learn about Bloomberg's businesses
- Knowledge of financial regulatory regimes, e.g., SEC or CFTC regulation
- Keen interest in using technology to improve efficiency
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.