Corporate Loans Reporter
New York, NY
Posted May 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 75253
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
We’re seeking an enterprising reporter to join our Credit Americas group. You will break impactful, market-moving stories, and drive our coverage of the $2.5 trillion-a-year U.S. corporate loan market. You are a fixed income specialist, with close ties to the market that companies turn to fund everything from blockbuster M&A deals to business expansions. You actively follow policy, research, reports and social media to identify trends and spot opportunities to share insight on this market. You are able to turn complex data into a narrative accessible to a broad range of readers. You'll need to be a seasoned reporter with passion for developing a beat. You're creative and eager to keep pitching story ideas. You're keen to help when needed and embrace an all-hands-on-deck approach.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Lead coverage of the U.S. investment grade loan market.
- Get the deal details our professional audience relies on, connect the dots to display trends, and tell the bigger stories of interest to Bloomberg readers.
- Develop a robust source base of participants in the corporate loan market and leverage that network to break news with speed and accuracy.
- Track company filings and Bloomberg's own database for deal news and analysis.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors across our newsroom, including the Deals and Finance teams.
- Partner with Bloomberg's Markets and BusinessWeek magazines and talk about the bigger stories on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Economics, or Journalism related discipline.
- Knowledge of broader financial markets, and specific subject matter expertise in Credit markets.
- Understanding of interest rates and risk impact debt market deals for investors and institutions.
- Networking skills with a track record of beat reporting in order to lean on existing sources and develop new ones to get deal terms and deliver intelligent, high-impact news.
- Ability to generate exclusive breaking news, incremental deal updates, and well as bigger picture stories.
- Previous journalism experience working in real-time news environment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch on the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.