Counsel - Data Acquisition
New York, NY
Posted Oct 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 71146
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
In the Bloomberg Legal Department’s Data & Content team, our colleagues depend on us to power Bloomberg’s advanced analytic and information services by negotiating license agreements for access to data and other content from a dynamic network of global sources. We are instrumental in the development of new products and services as Bloomberg continually expands and evolves offerings in partnership with a wide array of content providers.
Diversity and inclusiveness are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are respected for their diversity and empowered to make an impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Draft and negotiate license agreements for exchange data for use in Bloomberg’s suite of state of the art information services
- Advise on potential partnerships with data sources to support Bloomberg’s product development
- Advise internal stakeholders on exchange data implications of technological and business changes
You need to have:
- 3+ years of experience practicing law
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating contracts for complex commercial transactions
- The ability to analyze complex contracts and communicate to internal stakeholders
- Membership in the New York bar or necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel
We'd love to see:
- Experience practicing in-house (exchange data licensing a plus)
- An academic background or equivalent experience in a quantitative discipline
- Understanding of intellectual property law principles
- Experience working in financial markets or technology companies
- A track record of success working in a fast paced and open office environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.