Counsel, Cybersecurity and Vendor Risk
New York, NY
Posted Oct 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 96209
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
The Data Security team advises Bloomberg on a wide range of areas including cybersecurity, data use and governance, localization, telecommunications, and electronic communications. The team supports product development, vendor and customer agreements, internal policies, and incident management processes.
Based in our New York headquarters, you will advise on data security, data governance, cross-border data transfers, data localization, and related issues. You will support product and engineering teams throughout the product development and deployment life cycle. You will advise our vendor risk management team on due diligence practices and incident management protocols. Within the Legal Department, you will provide subject matter expertise to support commercial counsel to negotiate vendor agreements, including GDPR data transfer impact assessments and SCCs.
You’ll need to have:
- Membership in the New York State Bar or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel
- 4-8 years of cybersecurity and privacy experience at a law firm or in-house
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with compliance and risk professionals, engineers, software developers, product development, and other teams Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open-plan office environment
Strong contract drafting and negotiating skills, including experience building and maintaining templates and associated processes and trainings
We’d love to see experience in the following areas:
- Working with regulated financial institutions, software and other technology companies
- Investigating and advising on threats and vulnerabilities
- Advising on telecommunications regulations (e.g. infrastructure-based connectivity, data transmission, and voice services)
- Negotiating data, privacy, and cybersecurity terms in mergers & acquisitions
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime please have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/professional to learn more about us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.