Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The Creative Designer will work within the Bloomberg Media Innovation Team on the ideation & activation of Bloomberg custom advertising experiences. A qualified candidate will have expertise in prototyping new concepts, overseeing design standards and working within various HTML5 creative platforms to activate complex creative executions. This individual must have strong communication and collaboration skills both within an organization as well as in dealing with external partners and clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide forward-thinking creative design leadership for the advertising division of Bloomberg
- Work with the Innovation team on mocking or prototyping new ad experiences
- Host creative trainings for junior team members as well as supporting their individual campaign efforts
- Ownership of the design aesthetic and templates for custom ad formats
- Work collaboratively across innovation, planning, marketing and sales departments to generate new ideas and formats to pitch our partners
- Design and build breakthrough digital brand experiences for specific campaigns
- Analyze post-campaign metrics to set best practices and optimize product portfolio against client KPI’s
- Ensure creative vision can be realized from a technical standpoint
- Manage freelance design resources on an as-needed basis
- Leverage a deep understanding of Bloomberg custom ad formats to provide impactful mocks for pitches
- Constantly evaluate new processes, platforms and partnerships to drive efficiency and innovation
You’ll need to have:
- You are the type of person who takes risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing digital advertising/marketing experiences, interactive web applications, designing transactional or highly interactive user interfaces.
- Portfolio showcasing strong creative concepts and solid experience with a variety of industries and deliverables.
- BFA/MFA or BA/MA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Interactive or Multimedia Design or professional experience is strongly preferred. A degree/minor in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus.
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative suite with a concentration in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Experience with agile and lean UX methodologies a plus.
- Familiarity with digital ad building platforms such as Google Studio, Celtra, Sizmek, Teads Studio, etc
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Well get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.