Creative Lead - Bloomberg Marketing Studio
New York, NY
Posted Oct 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 71378
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Creative Lead is responsible for crafting and managing creative projects at the Studio, Bloomberg’s creative group within Marketing. You will be working on some of our most important projects promoting our Media and Verticals businesses, including TicToc, New Economy Forum, Bloomberg Live and other outputs. You will also be in charge of a team, so we need a leader and a mentor who is responsible and accountable for the team’s work and development. In this role, it is imperative that you have experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams of Creatives through small activations to global campaigns. We’re looking for a strong strategic thinker that can respond to business objectives and is able to understand and communicate strong creative ideas. You must have an impeccable sense of design and eye for detail: must be trusted to develop projects with finesse, keeping an eye on the idea, the design, the language and the overall execution of projects.
We’ll expect you to pivot direction quickly and come up with creative solutions on the go. We’re looking for a fast thinker who knows how to fight for good ideas but knows when to change gears when necessary.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage the creative development of complex branding and communication projects – from briefing to creative development
- Effectively and strategically delegate tasks among the different creative team
- Steer creative development by developing strategic frameworks that allow the teams to navigate campaigns with multiple moving components
- With a proficient knowledge of the overall creative process, orientate creatives from different disciplines (design, video, digital, copy-writing) towards the effective execution of creative projects – from designing a banner to developing branding for an integrated campaign with many moving components
- As well as managing the team, you should be willing and able to get hands on with the creative development, sometimes designing and producing deployment files yourself
- Develop design systems for brand identities and campaigns
- Get close to the video process, being able to storyboard, direct and orientate animation, sound design or any other motion design element, from flat video to interactive formats
- Work tightly with the production and project management team, making sure that the creatives are on track and making all deadlines
- Represent and communicate the work clearly in front of top-level stakeholders
- Translate stakeholder feedback into clear direction for the teams to progress with the work effectively
- Work collaboratively with other creative directors, Studio teams or business teams on a day-to-day basis
- Represent the Studio’s creative vision and the Bloomberg brand accurately when working with external parties
You need to have:
- A stellar portfolio including work for Media and Tech brands (personal work is also encouraged)
- At least 8+ years professional work experience in-house or working with Media and Tech brand
- Experience managing teams, coaching and developing creative teams
- An easygoing attitude, calm under pressure, client facing, and personable
- Exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of experiential and spatial design
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite design software, knowledge of Sketch and 3D rendering programs preferred
- Extensive understanding of video and motion graphics processes - story-boarding, sound briefing…
*In order to be considered you must include a portfolio of integrated work that you have specifically created
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.