Crypto and Blockchain Companies Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95958
From wallets and mining gear to music distribution and cybersecurity, the crypto ecosystem goes way beyond just trading coins. Bloomberg News is looking for a reporter to chronicle Blockchain-based innovation as it occurs in every corner of this global industry. We're seeking a versatile and curious journalist with a knack for spotting trends with sources drawn from throughout the crypto ecosystem. Everything from cutting-edge startup technology to adoption of Blockchain-based systems by grocers, lawfirms and shipping companies will be grist for this beat.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about writing with rigor and skepticism on a topic that is of interest to a broad swath of the financial news audience, with a special emphasis on Terminal subscribers, across breaking news and enterprise.
We expect you to be intensely collaborative, curious, and ambitious about the opportunity to tell stories on a high-profile beat that intersects with markets, finance, technology, regulation and more.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the “what happened'” but also on the “why” and “so what”'
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.