Custom Content Editor (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 84727
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media is searching for a Custom Content Editor who can take on creative ideation and production of custom content for Bloomberg Media Studio and their clients. You have a strong background in copywriting across all platforms combined with a journalistic approach and a strategic mindset.
This is a 6-month contractor position.
We’ll trust you to:
- Create world-class content and experiences for an elite audience of leaders and influencers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (design, video, strategy, and sales) to balance brand goals with audience needs
- Grasp the breadth, offer and value of Bloomberg platforms and Editorial franchises
- Tailor custom content and editorial style to media channels that fit with consumer trends and behaviors
- Dive into Bloomberg intelligence and data to take an insight-based approach in developing proposals, approaching content development and optimizing campaigns
- Build confidence with clients and internal networks through compelling presentation skills
- Take ownership and accountability to drive a large project from kickoff to completion,
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Multi-task and work proactively and efficiently under the pressure of deadlines on proposals, in-production work and everything in between!
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of copywriting, creative direction with an emphasis on strong video and digital
- A bachelor’s degree
- Creative or content/publisher/agency experience desired
- Ability to develop short-form social, long-form articles, video scripts, data viz content
- Stellar presentation and time management skills
- Capable of explaining abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straight-forward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve the creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Open to travel as needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.