Customer Marketing Manager - Bloomberg Media
New York, NY
Posted Oct 16, 2017 - Requisition No. 62744
Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally-led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Businessweek is at the centerpiece of that strategy. The brand carries the DNA of Bloomberg News – factual, reliable, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism at a global scale and of Businessweek - with the hallmark design and deep, insightful, sharp reporting. Bloomberg Media has already achieved strong growth in overall revenue across multiple platforms including TV, digital, radio, and event sponsorships. A key focus area for 2017 is on scaling readership and revenue from Bloomberg’s subscription products – including Bloomberg Businessweek, Briefs, and Markets magazines.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within the Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketer to develop and execute innovative strategies to scale paid subscriptions through the creation of lead nurture programs. You’ll need to be flexible, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You can work with cross-functional teams, and balance multiple priorities. You’re a creative, innovative thinker who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table. Are you up for the challenge?
In this role, we’ll trust you to:
- Develop new marketing strategies across the email and direct mail channels that pull prospects through the marketing funnel, drive engagement, and ultimately paid subscription revenue
- Work closely with external vendors and internal stakeholders to build thoughtful and effective, email and direct mail marketing programs to meet our aggressive business goals
- Ideate and implement thoughtful strategies, communication plans, and campaign creative to drive subscriptions through email and direct mail
- Create test and learn plans across email and direct mail, ensure flawless execution of brand and financial goals
- Identify and evaluate creative and strategic opportunities with new vendors to enhance campaign performance; onboard and manage related agency or vendor partners
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness, allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities; evaluate results in the context of broader business goals, and make recommendations on how to move the business forward
- Build insightful and meaningful reports and communicate findings and recommendations to leadership
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including technologies, editorial, design, social, etc. to gain support to implement new initiatives
- Adapt, learn quickly and be resourceful!
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a digital marketing role with specific experience in robust Email campaign development and management
- Experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing direct marketing campaigns
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Experience using and managing an email service provider such as Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sailthru, Experian, etc.
- Experience with campaign tracking, and marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Optimizely, etc.
- Ability to build email content through HTML
- Developed content strategies to drive lead generation and brand engagement
- Managed end-to-end digital customer experiences, and using data to drive
- Created and implemented disruptive marketing strategies and programs to drive brand differentiation and break through the clutter
- Understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products
- Collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- An Entrepreneurial mind-set and desire to be a flexible team player
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.