Customer Service Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 74406
The Customer Service Product Team is responsible for delivering the tools, data, analytics, processes and strategic mentorship required to lead the customer service department to success. Guiding the strategic direction and operating model of the department, the Customer Service Product Team relies heavily on data analytics and real-world experimentation. In addition, the team consults with the Global Head of Customer Service and other managers in the department to provide advice and refine and prioritize new project ideas.
As a Customer Service Analyst you will provide reporting, analysis, and develop tools/processes to drive successful operations and strategic initiatives in the customer service department. As a member of the Analytics Product Team, you will engage with managers, team leaders, and customer service representatives to deliver actionable insights, solve problems, and improve the experience of representatives and customers.
We will trust you to:
- Create and maintain reporting that delivers accurate, insightful information to the management team with speed and reliability.
- Design and execute analyses that support decision-making, uncover potential challenges, and explain complex outcomes.
- Be a thought-partner and information facilitator across the customer service department and occasionally to other groups within the company.
- Define metrics that allow managers to easily diagnose performance and operational effectiveness
- Build visualizations to deliver clear, concise conclusions. Package and display data in a way that tells a story that is correct and consumable
- Conceptualize analytical solutions tailored to problems/questions through mental maps and hypothesis testing
- Use probabilistic, statistical, and analytical methods to produce rigorous analysis – usually under tight deadlines
- Construct data sets required for analysis through the manipulation and collation of various data tables across multiple databases
- Use expertise in department data and technology to field inquiries and troubleshoot issues for internal stakeholders and respond in a timely fashion
- Consult with managers and team leaders; work with them to turn vague or poorly defined issues into clearly addressable problems/questions. Give advice on best practices for operations, defining strategy, etc.
- Educate internal stakeholders on how to use technological tools or processes developed by the team. Also, explain definitions and methodology behind metrics and analysis
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics
- A knack for data. You just ‘get it’
- Expert Excel skills
- Proficiency in forecasting and modeling using large data sets
- Clear synthesis and communication of complex topics
- Experience building reporting/dashboards and data visualizations to drive business outcomes
- Familiarity with combining and manipulating data tables and data sets – joins, unions, etc.
- Ability to use technical tools to produce analysis and visualizations
- A positive, eager attitude and the desire to grow your skill set
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in Tableau – intermediate/advanced calculations, dashboards, etc.
- Experience interfacing with management
- Flexibility with taking on a range of responsibilities that may not always fall within the job description
- Experience with technical project management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.