Customer Service Associate (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74895
Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally-led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Media has already achieved strong growth in overall revenue across multiple platforms including TV, digital, radio, and event sponsorship's. A key focus area for 2018 is on continuing to scale readership and providing a seamless customer experience across Bloomberg Media's digital products, including Bloomberg.com and our mobile app.
Scope and Impact of the Role
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a highly-motivated, customer-centric individual to be part of the Customer Support Team for Bloomberg Media. You will be responsible for resolving a variety of customer servicing issues, through both digital servicing and proactive phone outreach. In addition, you will manage a feedback loop to help our product team, engineers, and marketers identify key issues, needed product changes and updated messaging to best serve our customers. You must have a passion for the customer, strong communication skills, and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage incoming communications and effectively assist customers with a high level of customer service
- Respond to customer requests and questions regarding service, product, and account information. Analyze and resolve customer concerns using established procedures
- Prioritize and resolve customer issues via email and proactive phone outreach, ensuring to deliver outstanding service to Bloomberg Media’s customers
- Collaborate with other customer service associates, engineers, product managers, and marketers to troubleshoot and problem-solve inquiries as needed
- Identify ways to improve our customer relationships by surfacing and synthesizing issues and providing creative solutions
- Provide feedback to management for new or revised procedures as needed
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 1-year applicable (customer service or similar operations) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple client conversations, while paying attention to detail.
- Effective communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills for troubleshooting and timely resolution
- Experience successfully managing customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction
- Strong ability to align technical concepts & features to business needs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to navigate technical platforms and systems to resolve customer issues
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times, in all situations
- Experience working with Salesforce Service Cloud
- Flexibility to adapt well to change and ability to work various shifts
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.