Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst (CSOC) Triage Analyst (Weekend Night Shift)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 66423
We protect Bloomberg
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security teams work to build and maintain the safest operating environment for Bloomberg’s users.
The Bloomberg CSOC is responsible for the detection of cyber threats, and when detected - responsible for the rapid response across both the diverse lines of business and global network. The CSOC is an open and collaborative environment where members work together to identify and address the latest in cyber security threats facing the company. The CSOC is staffed 24 x 7 x 365 with varying shifts and multiple tiers of support, ranging from first response teams to the Computer Incident Response Team. Further, there is opportunity to work with more experienced members on some of the latest cyber security defense technologies.
What's The Role?
The CSOC Triage Analyst's function within the Cyber Security Operations Center is considered to be a key pillar in Bloomberg’s security program design and strategy. Are you a motivated technical professional, who has a passion towards cyber security; And are accomplished in a systems- or applications-support role? In this entry role, Bloomberg will provide you the opportunity to apply your current skills, while rapidly developing new ones that are required in the Cyber Security field.
We'll Trust You To:
- Work within a dedicated Weekend Night shift (Thursday-Friday 11AM-8PM, Saturday 8PM-Sunday 9AM, Sunday 8PM-Monday 9AM), to support the 24x7x365 Cyber Security Operations Center
- Monitor for alerts that match pre-defined threat scenarios, and respond according to standard operating procedures
- Address alerts by following appropriate procedures to bring closure to a significant majority of cyber alerts, while escalating those which cannot be resolved
- Produce and maintain documentation and standard operation procedures
- Generate ideas for continued improvement, including conceptual design of new threat scenarios
- Deliver on relevant cyber security metrics and measurements for the role and area of responsibility
- Collaborate directly with peers, in and outside of the security team, to resolve urgent matters in a constructive and thoughtful manner
- Respond to varying levels of employees and contractors, throughout Bloomberg, to address cyber security concerns
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the assigned shift and provide ample awareness to changes to commitments
You'll Need To Have:
- Knowledge and experience with information security topics and concepts, and have applied these in a prior role
- Knowledge of enterprise network controls and solutions
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Linux and MAC)
- Understanding of networks and the TCP/IP stack
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office solutions
- Strong communication; self-motivated; dedicated; great teamwork
- Certifications in the information security space
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
We'd Love To See:
- Work experience within a Cyber Security Operations Center
- Experience with middle-ware web services (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Experience with programming / scripting
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.