Data Analyst - Environmental, Social, and Governance
New York, NY
Posted May 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 82982
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for enhancing and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
You will leverage your demonstrated technical expertise, knowledge of the financial markets, and understanding of client’s needs to enhance our data products and generating premium content. You will work across data teams and departments to optimize workflows to increase automation and improve internal operations ensuring quality and timely data. As a technical leader in the organization, you will be trusted to deploy code to production, ensure best practices are adhered to, and mentor others.
We’ll trust you to:
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to research new data sets to expand coverage and generate premium content
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement new innovative workflow solutions to improve the time to market/quality/create efficiency in your dataset
- Build database schema and maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Contribute to the creation of best practices and guidelines for governance
- Utilize data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Collaborate extensively with internal stakeholders (primarily Core Product, Technical Operations, Engineering, and Sales)
- Engage with internal and external users to resolve inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide mentorship to data analysts on team
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and, STEM fields
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, and HackerRank
- Proven ability to use technology to innovative data products and processes
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when explaining technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to influence others and lead change
- Applied proficiency with software engineering best practices
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Project management skills and/or experience, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.