Data Analyst - NetOps
New York, NY
Posted Oct 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 79094
Our Network Operations Programming and Reporting team consists of highly trained data experts specializing in building business intelligence applications and tools. Managers and business leaders across the enterprise depend on these tools to make intelligent decisions, and manage the day to day operations of the Bloomberg network. We work within the Network Operations department which is directly responsible for the performance and maintenance of Bloomberg's global private network, one of the largest private networks in the world.
Bloomberg LP is looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Networks department. This team is directly responsible for performance and maintenance of Bloomberg's global private network, one of the largest private networks in the world. The successful candidate will be involved with multiple aspects of the network; data collection, workflow analysis and architecture, development and maintenance of analytical tools, compliance & ticketing, business reporting, etc. The successful candidate will work with multiple business units within the company for small & large scale project assignments with focus on technical and functional areas. In summary, the responsibilities range from programming/scripting, core networking, business planning & reporting, tool development and delivering creative solutions to problems presented by the business.
This team presents a unique & diverse work profile and the opportunity to collaborate with many business units across the organization.
We'll trust you to:
- Be hands on with conducting data analysis and building dashboards that answer business questions and influence business decisions
- Research, develop, and implement new methods of analyzing machine, system, and other data sources with code
- Integrate yourself as a standout colleague and collaborate with full stack developers in the team to drive department-wide dashboard initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with business colleagues to better understand their domain and think of creative solutions and insights
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science or related discipline/equivalent work experience
- Strong SQL coding and data analysis background
- Dashboard development experience in Tableau and/or QlikSense
- Full stack development experience, AJAX, Angular, html/CSS, React is a plus
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of full life cycle experience with both custom development and packaged application deployment is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.