Data Engineer - Supply Chain
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 73587
Who We Are:
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets and thousands of applications, our analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency.
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our team is enterprising – and not defined by conventional roles. As part of the larger Bloomberg team, you can look to the future, help create ground breaking technology, research, and leverage insights to answer the world’s most complex questions.
Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a global function, providing support to our customers operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries. In Supply Chain’s Process & Technology team, our focus is on designing efficient business processes, developing technology that enables automation and leveraging data to drive decisions.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an engineer that possesses a unique combination of business acumen and technical skills, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will partner with Supply Chain functional teams to understand their needs, and collaborate with engineers to design and implement technology solutions. You will also work hands-on developing automation as well as business intelligence applications that help monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization.
Your projects will involve designing ETL pipelines, implementing machine learning and NLP algorithms, and developing business rules driven workflows. You will also be involved in developing applications that turn disparate data sets into actionable insights through creative and intuitive visualizations that will help business and product managers make strategic decisions.
You'll be expected to work independently, understand the business problem and to manage your own priorities, while collaborating with other team members and colleagues across various businesses.
You have a vision, you design, you simplify, you visualize, and you effectively communicate the business impact of your work. In this role you will lead strategic planning, while driving alignment and performance across the organization. You have the responsibility to ensure the projects, systems and processes you own are supported and drive business impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with stakeholders and their teams to understand their business needs and design solutions
- Partner with stakeholders to design insightful analytics and key performance indicators that will promote efficiency/operational excellence.
- Think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business
- Find innovative ways to create business impact
- Effectively communicate project progress and success to stakeholders in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
You'll need to have:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant data technology
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- A self-starter attitude, creative problem solving skills, and experience with diverse data processes and systems
- Applied machine learning experience
- Hands-on knowledge of data mining, data modeling, and data visualization
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision- making
- Full spectrum of project management skills: ideation, prioritization, communication, and delivery
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical processes and solutions to business stakeholders and management
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.