Data Engineering Technical Lead
New York, NY
Posted Apr 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 74658
At Bloomberg, our technical leaders view every problem as an opportunity to change the status quo. They have an entrepreneurial spirit and elevate those around them. They wade through the technology to focus on solving real business problems and creating new products.
Enterprising – and not defined by conventional roles. Our goal is to innovate, and therefore we welcome diverse skills, experiences, and thinking. In Global Data’s Technical Operations, our focus is on data engineering and how data is acquired, processed and validated.
This is not your typical Data Engineering position.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Tech Lead to own the technical direction of our team from the ground up. You will be a developer, an architect and a thought-leader of our team focused on system integrations and data enrichment. Your projects will be focused on evolving our data processing capabilities to allow us to on-board and manage data efficiently and accurately. You’ll collaborate with engineers, data analysts and business stakeholders to solve large-scale problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the development of systems that span across open source, proprietary tools and legacy applications.
- Build reusable client libraries for interacting with internal APIs and systems
- Design data driven processes leveraging enterprise-wide ML and NLP solutions for information extraction and anomaly detection.
- Engage with the broader technical community within Bloomberg and represent Global Data at industry engagements including conferences, meetups, hackathons, blogs and written articles
As a leader, we expect you to:
- Facilitate collaboration and provide strategic leadership from single component design to the overall architecture and strategy of our technology stack
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members, leading by example and promoting best software development practices such as continuous integration and deployment
- Communicate and maintain relationships with non-technical business stakeholders throughout development lifecycle
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field
- A proven passion for teaching and motivating
- Demonstrated history of collaborating across varied groups of people, including both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous engagement experience within the industry and open source community
- You have 5+ years of professional Python development experience and familiarity with distributed systems, REST APIs, databases and linux
Does this sound like you? Does this almost sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.