Data Infrastructure Security Architect- CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Jun 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 91377
Bloomberg’s Office of the CTO is the future-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network. We are passionate about what we do.
Data is at the core of Bloomberg and ensuring its availability and security is one of the utmost importance for the company. It is critical that we maintain a state-of-the-art data security infrastructure with tight controls for authentication, authorization and audit to ensure we always know “when” and “who” is accessing our sensitive data so we can protect it..
What's in it for you:
Our team focuses on the critical aspects of securely bringing Bloomberg's services to hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We have a holistic view of how infrastructure, from the fiber transmitting bits of data, through to the high-level application services that run on top of that, impact Bloomberg’s security posture.
As a member of the Security Analytics and Identity Architecture team, you will help us design, secure, and monitor our data infrastructure and governance program. You’ll have influence over Bloomberg’s overall security policy, and will guide engineering partners to build security tools and work with operational security groups to define our policy. From research to production, you’ll be prototyping, working with partners across the firm, communicating with vendors, and collaborating with SRE and ENG teams to bring your ideas live.
We'll trust you to:
- Take a technical leadership role in defining strategies for delivering services securely and with proper controls
- Foster developing technology to make engineer-friendly, service-aware policy definition tools
- Design tools and select technologies to manage per user and per service access to data
- Design technical solutions for managing data classification, governance and security
- Collaborate with stakeholders in our Risk & Compliance and Engineering offices
- Provide requirements to internal development teams and external vendors, and foster a culture of security consciousness across Engineering and Product
- Work with a diverse and highly experience team of individuals
- Partner, coach and collaborate with IT, Engineering, Risk and business teams about data security
- Build out an effective Data Security program as well as improving the current data security posture. The role will be shaping how Bloomberg secures and uses all of its data
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in creating secure design patterns
- 5+ years of experience in data storage technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed systems, BigData, etc.)
- Understanding of the challenges operating trusted infrastructure in public cloud environments, as well as on-premises
- The ability to link data classification to additional controls and policies
- Effective communication and ability to work across departments
- Understand authentication and authorization technologies and their impact on data storage and security (OAuth, SSO, JWT, etc,)
- A hands-on, teamwork-oriented approach, focused on building consensus and managing through influence
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with different regulatory regimes such as GDPR, CCPA, FCA, etc.
- Past experience in production database administration and automation
- Experience in managing and securing data storage and distributed systems
- A UNIX systems background
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.