Data Operations Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 101362
Bloomberg Data Management Services is an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and Index Data Management (IDM) business, providing simplified data management solutions to the financial industry. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance once onboarded to our Private Cloud Hosted Service. Bloomberg Data Management Services maintains facilities and operations staff in Dublin, London, New York and Singapore, where our expert Data Operations Analysts monitor, operate, and manage client’s data supply chain using a follow-the-sun operating model.
What is the role?
We are seeking a motivated self-starter, who is seeking a challenging position in a fast-paced environment, to join our Data Operations team. Based in New York City you will assist with the operational support of managed service clients, initially undertaking the daily operational tasks of handling the acquisition and quality assurance of data from multi-vendor sources. In this role, your responsibilities will span numerous functions with special focus on data supply chain monitoring and management, data quality assurance and collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders to deliver the best customer experience. The ideal candidate has a strong analytical aptitude with the ability to investigate, interpret and clearly communicate findings and recommendations, in addition to continuously identifying solutions and opportunities to improve operational processes. Work schedule is Monday to Friday, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm EST.
What will you be doing?
- Daily operational responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the delivery of financial data feeds from various third-party vendors, as well as client’s proprietary data.
- Monitor the receipt of partner notifications and announcements, perform impact analysis, and action as needed to ensure no service disruptions.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions on an array of mastered data such as Security Master, Price Master, Index Master, Legal Entity Master and Corporate Actions.
- Examine data quality issues, validate data for consistency and accuracy, identify resolutions, and update systems as required.
- Respond to ad-hoc customer queries and ensure a high-quality service is provided to our clients according to defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Drive data quality through continuous process improvement.
- Lead changes for improvement to workflow activities.
- Partake in user acceptance testing of routine software releases and during the initial on-boarding of managed service clients
- Participate and take ownership of ad-hoc projects and assignments.
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Business or in related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the tenacity to research large datasets and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills / Customer service experience.
- Strong PC skills, comfortable learning new systems.
- Experience in products such as Security Master, Pricing, Index, Legal Entity and Corporate Action Data Management would be preferred but not required.
- Experience with data providers such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Markit, Intercontinental Exchange, Morningstar, MSCI and others would be preferred but not required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with challenging clients.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- A driven, proactive, positive, and transparent attitude.
We’ll like you to be?
- A self-starter who learns quickly.
- Organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Interested in technology & finance.
- Innovative thinker.
Why Bloomberg Data Management Services?
At Bloomberg Data Management Services, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and want to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.