Data Operations Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110944
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling enables our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Put simply, our award-winning data powers the capital markets.
What is Data Management Services?
Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS), provides enterprise data management solutions to banks, asset management firms, individual customers, government, and telecommunication sectors worldwide. DMS offers financial data management, acquisition, distribution, and technical assistance. Our services reduce the effort needed to bring in data from multiple vendors and manage the flow of information across clients’ legacy, proprietary and third-party systems. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance once on-boarded to our Private Cloud Hosted Service. At DMS, we continuously apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and implement solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes - all while providing expert customer support to our clients.
What is the role?
Data Operations group is a global team responsible for a diverse set of operational and business tasks requiring critical collaboration with DMS Product, Engineering, SRE, Client Services groups and teams across Bloomberg’s Enterprise and Global Data departments.
The key responsibilities of the role include the management of internal and client facing operational workflows, supervision and maintenance of intricate data-supply chains, administration of data quality assurance processes and client support. Additionally, the Operations team works on the maintenance and enhancements of existing processes, in areas such as our vendor operations, change management, user acceptance testing, client on-boarding, service implementation, business planning and continuity.
The role is based in the New York City office, operational schedule is Monday to Friday, 11:00 am – 8:00 pm EST.
We’ll trust you to:
- Oversee the receipt of incoming financial data feeds from third-party data providers including clients’ proprietary systems and ensure seamless and timely delivery of outgoing feeds
- Monitor the receipt of vendor partner notifications and announcements, perform impact analysis, and action as needed to ensure no service disruptions
- Investigate and resolve data quality breaches on an array of mastered data such as Security Master, Price Master, Index Master, Legal Entity Master and Corporate Actions
- Examine raw data quality issues, validate data for consistency and accuracy, identify resolutions, and update systems as required
- Provide support for end users of DMS services and ensure high-quality support is provided to our clients according to defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Collaborate with Operations partners, to improve operational performance and quality across all deliverables
- Partake in user acceptance testing of routine software releases
- Participate and take ownership of ad-hoc projects and assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics/Business or other related discipline
- Experience in data governance, data quality assurance, operations management, customer/stakeholder support or other related role
- Basic understanding of financial data, instruments and concepts
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical aptitude with the ability to investigate, interpret and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Time management, and autonomous decision-making skills
- A driven, proactive, positive, and transparent attitude, with a desire to learn and grow
- Experience with data products such as Security Master, Ratings, Pricing, Index, Legal Entity, Corporate Actions, ESG etc.
- Experience with data providers such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Sustainalytics, ICE, Morningstar, MSCI etc.
- Experience with data extraction, manipulation and/or visualization tools (eg. VBA, QlikSense)
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
You'll need to be able to:
Occasionally work on a Public Holiday (weekday off in lieu)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional. Enterprise Data page: https://data.bloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus