Data Privacy Compliance Officer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 110655
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
What’s the role?
The Data Privacy Compliance team within Bloomberg's Legal & Compliance Department works closely with the Data Privacy Legal team, business and engineering stakeholders to ensure compliance with current/developing privacy rules and regulations, implement global training and communication programs and monitor privacy risk across the business. The Data Privacy Compliance team also leads privacy product reviews and Data Privacy Impact Assessments, manages responses to data subject rights requests, drafts internal policies and coordinates regional privacy-related regulatory filings.
Based in our New York office, this will be a phenomenal opportunity to work as an Americas Privacy Compliance expert. Your focus will be on data privacy matters – including GDPR, U.S.-privacy laws, and other global privacy requirements – ensuring Bloomberg meets its legal, regulatory, and reputational responsibility. You will cover Bloomberg’s diverse businesses, including our Media, Financial Products, and Data businesses, as well as support our internal teams including Engineering and HR. Ultimately, you will be responsible for protecting the personal data of our users, clients, employees and other third parties.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide data privacy compliance advice to the business and support functions to ensure compliance with data privacy regulatory and Company requirements and standards
- Be a primary point of contact for data privacy Compliance matters in the Americas
- Advise and support our Data Privacy Officer(s)
- Be actively involved in product development and product review, including developing data privacy compliance mechanisms for new products and services
- Respond to third-party questionnaires and inquiries
- Assist to implement and maintain the Company’s Global Data Privacy Compliance Program, including policies and procedures
- Prepare and delivery data privacy training addressing employee needs and compliance requirements as well as enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of data privacy requirements and sensitivities
- Implement appropriate data privacy compliance controls and tools, including working with compliance technology support and other internal functions to make improvements and address any gaps identified
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of data privacy legal and/or compliance experience at a law firm, in-house and/or in the government
- Subject matter expertise in data privacy laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards
- A strong track record of drafting policies, procedures and manuals as well as preparing reports for internal management and responses to regulatory and data subject inquiries
- Experience responding to regulator and customer inquiries
- The ability to collaborate effectively with security and risk professionals, engineers, software developers, product development, Human Resources, and other teams
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with regulated financial institutions, software and other technology companies
- In-house experience, or a client secondment
- A law degree
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 180,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus