Data Product Manager - Enterprise Data
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 74991
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology and high touch client service model.
The Bloomberg Reference Data Business continues to lead through innovation and a best-in-class product that services client demand for completeness, timeliness and high quality instrument reference data. The business is core to our enterprise data offering with many data categories including for example instrument level reference data, terms and conditions, corporate actions, classifications, capital structure, fundamentals, ESG and Supply Chain across more than 40,000 fields of data.
Our team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing Enterprise Data solutions leveraging Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading data
What’s the Role?
The business is looking for a highly focused Product Manager to join its Enterprise Reference Data team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a solid understanding of enterprise data and the shifting needs and demands for around large buy and sell side clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing and expanding our Reference data product offering and understanding our client workflow with a view to increasing data usage not just as it relates to Bloomberg’s reference data but across our full enterprise content offering especially as the need for linked data grows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis, as well as analyze technology trends to identify new business opportunities and contribute to the group’s overall business plan and strategy
- Perform client use case analysis with a focus on creating actionable items and datasets for development that are aligned with our client needs that help to drive increased usage
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and scope product requirements and functional specifications that reflect input from multiple parties
- Coordinate project execution and make feature/schedule/cost tradeoffs near completion by capturing early customer feedback
- Deliver new product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, support functions, clients)
- Maintain regular contact with industry participants, clients, auditors, regulators, etc. and present at client seminars, industry conferences and other events
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Product Manager
- A strong understanding of capital markets, preferably in broad range of asset classes
- Knowledge of how market and reference data is used by both buy and sell side market participants across trade life-cycle, trader workflow, risk management, investment analysis, research and enterprise support functions.
- Basic proficiency in Python or similar programming languages typically used in data science
- Self-motivation; you’re driven by innovation and idea sharing
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills = you’re a problem solver with an ability to deconstruct client problems with a data driven approach when making a business case for resources, product development and enhancement and getting management buy-in.
- The capability of fostering relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other related field
- CFA or equivalent preferred