Data Quality Analyst - Enterprise Data
New York, NY
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 102362
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and rapidly growing. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate. Firms that contribute to applying only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
The business is looking for a Data Quality Analyst to join the Enterprise Data Quality Assurance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining testing frameworks that automate test plans used to ensure that Enterprise Data products are of high quality before launch.
The Quality Assurance team works with Product/Business teams and Engineering to accomplish the following:
- Creating testing strategies - Identify the test scope and objective with focus for launch of new enterprise data product or dataset
- Presenting test results - Able to articulate and discuss data quality issue and remediation with multiple stakeholders
- Driving continuous improvements of testing tools and processes - Open-minded to new insights/technologies on how to perform testing in more reliable and efficient way
- Researching solutions to address client needs - Able to research/learn independently and provide possible solutions
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with product managers, and engineering team to ensure the highest quality of products that we offer by implementing and performing dynamic data quality assurance procedures
- Have strong attention to details and dedication to efficiently work problems to resolution
- Apply judgment, and collaboration skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, management and other stakeholders
- Identify risks and raise appropriately to key stakeholders
- Be able to prioritize and ensure projects complete on time
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
- Possess the ability to quickly learn new concepts
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of working experience in data quality analysis and automation
- Experience with tools to handle large scale datasets and perform statistical analysis
- Proficiency in one of the programming languages such as Python, R or SQL and familiar with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Spark)
- A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Meticulous and proven analytic skills
- A strong understanding of financial data
- The ability to address multiple priorities in a very fast-paced environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.