We Protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Analytics team is dedicated to identifying, researching, and solving complex information security problems using a data-centric approach.
Working closely with the security, development, and product teams - we are building a platform to collect, process, and analyze data generated throughout the company to find new approaches to take on hard security challenges.
What’s The Role?
As a Python Data Scientist, you’ll help research and apply machine learning and statistical methods to solve information security problems. You will also contribute to the development of our data science platform.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Identify and think about hard to solve information security problems
- Collect and curate data needed to understand and solve the problems
- Explore, research, describe, and analyze data
- Communicate the insights and results of our analysis
- Contribute to the development of our data science platform
You’ll Need To Have:
- Strong conceptual knowledge and background in probability, statistics, and machine learning
- Proficiency in Python, with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Familiarity with object oriented programming
- Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- An interest in Information Security and Computer Science
We’d Love To See:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, i.e. Mathematics or Statistics
- Ability to communicate research results and explaining complex concepts to non-experts
- Deep understanding of computer and networking fundamentals
- Interest in learning more about our technology stack:
- Visualization: D3.js, Sigma.js
- Python 3 (numpy, scipy, pandas), R (dplyr, datatable), Jupyter
- Apache, Postgres
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.