New York, NY
Posted Jan 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 70144
The Bloomberg Global Data Data Science Group seeks an experienced Data Scientist to find opportunities for our business, design and implement analytical solutions, and measure and communicate impact. In this role you will work with a range of financial and non-financial data sets, statistical and machine learning methods, and proprietary and open source technologies. You will join a small team where your interests and enthusiasm have significant impact. This role can be in either New York, NY or Princeton, NJ.
We expect you to:
- Have experience using data analysis to improve business operations and data quality. Work experience, academic research, or a personal portfolio are great ways to demonstrate this.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and figuring out requirements to explaining methodological decisions and modeling outcomes.
- Acquire subject-matter expertise as needed in order to deliver data science projects. For example, you might shadow data specialists to learn about their product and workflows.
- Lead and mentor junior data scientists, data analysts, and employees seeking to learn how to apply analytical methods to their products.
- Have experience with software engineering standard methodologies. We value code quality, reliable systems, and reproducible research.
- Have strong programming experience. We develop primarily in Python and will expect you to do so as well. You should have experience munging and pipelining data, querying databases, developing statistical models, and reporting and visualizing results.
We’d love to see any of the following:
- Experience working in a large organization. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation.
- Experience with financial data, or with alternative data that could inform investment theses (such as government data, web data, or geospatial data).
- Formal training in statistics, machine learning, or software engineering.
You'll need to be able to:
- Work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.